Error code 0x80070057 is mostly common in Windows 7. Most of the users gets this error code while they try to install the Windows 7 and creating a backup of a Windows 7. However, the problem is not only seen in the Windows7, sometimes the users of the other Windows version might also have to face this error sometimes.
There are various ways to fix the problem. However, you might not be able to fix it at one try. You can try different other methods if the one you tried is unsuccessful. Some of the methods are explained here:-
- Use registry Cleaner Tool
The registry cleaner tool application program is available online. You can download it and install it in your computer to fix the error 0x80070057. The program is developed to increase the virtual memory space in the computer system. It does it by cleaning up the memory space. You can find many applications in internet to perform this type of function.
- Increasing the size of the Virtual Memory
In some of the cases, this process is very useful. The steps are especially recommended for the Windows 7 users. The simple steps are listed below:-
- Using the administrative rights, you should first boot your computer.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Right click on the “My Computer” and then open “Properties” by clicking on it.
- Now, Click on the “Advance System Setting” option in your Windows Vista 7.
- Open “Advanced” tab in the “System Propeties”.
- Now in the “Performance”, open the “Setting” option.
- By now, “Performance Options” applet will be opened. Open the “Advance” tab.
- Go to “Virtual Memory” and click on the button – “Change”.
- In the Virtual Memory dialog box, you will see “Automatically manage page file size for all drives” at the top. Un-tick the small box ahead of it. In the middle side, you will have to make change in the Custom size. Now keep the Initial size as 1 x Physical RAM and the Maximum Size should be kept as 1.5 x Physical Ram.
- Click on the “Set” button.
- Then click on the “Ok” button.
- Reboot your computer.
- Changing the decimal Symbol setting
It is one of the common method to fix the Error 0x80070057. The simple steps are listed down:-
- First of all, boot your computer using the administrative rights.
- Go to the “Start” menu.
- Then open “Control Panel”.
- Open “Regional and Language Options” by double clicking on it.
- Now Under the “Clock, Language and Region” option you will see “Change Keyboards or other input methods”. Click on that.
- Now in the “Regional Options”, open “Customize”.
- Go to “Format” tab and open “Additional Setting”.
- Now, type “.” (Dot) on the box next to the “Decimal symbol”.
- Click on “OK” button.
- Now at last restart your computer.
- Shrinking the Partition
The users gets 0x80070057 error message when the partition they are trying to install in the Operating System is very small. So, if you are facing this problem, you should try shrinking all the partitions on the drive.
You can try using any of the above methods to fix the 0x80070057 error. We believe that one of them will definitely help you.